Day 10: Unknown; The Unknown Struggle

In the depth of something ugly
Brain, heart and soul refuse to communicate.
A standoff so to speak.
Fed with more and more information 
The whys and wherefores 
Hormones personality tendencies and faith.
The brain nods with relief
Exhaling, "yes, yes that is truth, a balm for the soul, healing for the heart." 

Yet it doesn't get to the intended target 
The brain holds all epiphanies with tightly clenched fists.
One false move and panic ensues
Anger swells a tantrum is pending.
This is not what I signed up for! 

The present moment is evasive 
Two minutes after meditation
Gone!
With one offhanded comment
The peace of prayer 
Evaporates 30 minutes after mass.

On the verge of a nosedive
The precipice of implosion
Who will hold the broken pieces? 
Who will alleviate the pain beneath the ingratitude?

Surely not you my partner, my love, 
You are taking cover,
You are no match for the criticism. 
You are no match for this venom.
And I am so very bitter about that!

Hold me Jesus
Rock me
Soothe me
Heal me
Moment by precious moment 
Show me frame by frame our history
Your wondrous acts of grace
That once again
My heart my be unfeignedly grateful.
Merge my broken heart and yearning soul with my withholding angry mind.
Unite my disjointed thoughts 
Remind me of the solace
Waiting for me in your good and perfect plan. 

Comments

Popular Posts