Day 24: Global

How is it possible?
To be able to wake up
Effervescent
Spilling over with
Christmas morning excitement
Every single day.

"Global Developmental Delays"
Everything
All domains
Qualifies for services due to
"Intellectual Disability"
"Severely handicapped"

Ten fingers and toes
All perfectly formed
Not to mention the
Symmetry of your tiny
rounded ears.

Your eyes don't miss a thing
Following me around the room
The songs I sing make you laugh Like music.

Joy! Pure Joy to the World!
Eplodes from your lips
Like no carol I've ever heard
The sound of rainbows
And just as fleeting.

They shake their heads
They paste their labels
They run their tests
They mark their checklists
They do their jobs and I
Will do mine.

The sun shines through the window
The light warms our faces
The breeze blows
The curtains billow

You and I in harmony
We let the gossamer surround us
The house echoing with our laughter.

Comments

Popular Posts